To add a new distribution point you can center the map on your location and tap the “plus” button on the left hand side. This will drop a purple pin on your current location. If your current location is not the center of the map, just tap the button on the right to re-center the map on your location before dropping the purple pin.
Another way to add a distribution point is to long hold tap the location where you’d like to record the distribution. This will allow the user to accurately put the pin in the correct location even if the GPS data from your device is not correct.
Once the purple pin is displayed, you can hold down the purple pin and have the ability to re-position it in the most accurate location.
When the pin is in the correct location, you can record the distribution data. There are two options to choose from: “Home” and “Not Home”. Select the description that is appropriate for your distribution. These two options open up possibilities for 6 choices of distribution status for that location:
If you select “Home” you will choose between 4 statuses:
1. Accepted : This is when you share a Bible with someone in person and they accept it.
2. Another : Sometimes we distribute Bibles in a certain language and format that doesn’t always meet the need of the people. For example, maybe we are distributing Spanish Bibles, but the people don’t speak that language or they can’t read and therefore would need an audio Bible or Jesus Film. We want to record that we would need a different resource to give at that home.
3. Have Bible : This means that the people we are distributing to already have a Bible and don’t accept another one.
4. Rejected : The people in that home have rejected the Bible offered.
If you select “Not Home” you will have two status options:
1. Delivered : This is for when you leave a Bible at the home.
2. Retry : This is for when you don’t leave a Bible and plan to return at another time.
When you have all your information selected, tap “Save” and the pin will be permanently saved to your map with the corresponding colors:
All of the data is stored locally on the device. When the Bible distribution event is complete, the data can be exported in a CSV format and shared through email to those who would collect the data. Local Bible distribution ministry leaders can compile the shared data and create their own database for the region.
The Share Bibles App is a tool for everyone in the body of Christ to use to accomplish the goal of a Bible in every home in the world.
A new feature that we recently published is the ability to sync up data within an omega zone region (link to 4k map). This can happen through a Bible distribution facilitator in that region. Facilitators have the ability to create “Invites "and share them with local users.
ACCESSING REGIONAL DATA
If you receive an Invite from a facilitator, go to the menu in the app and select “Accept Invites”. You can enter the Invite code into the text box at the bottom or you can scan the QR code (if you received one) and the text box will automatically fill-in. When you have put the code in the text box, press “Accept” and the app will give you access to all the pins in that region.
SHARING YOUR DATA WITH THAT REGION
Once your invite has been accepted, a new button will appear in your menu: “Push Location Data”. By pushing that button you will upload all of the pins that you have created within that region to the database. Others will see your pins on their devices if they have access to the same region.
Note: the downloading and uploading of data is only possible with an internet connection.